Saturday, September 22, 2007

DD (Due Date) Plus One

Don’t be discouraged if your children reject your advice. Years later they will offer it to their own offspring. --Oscar Wilde

This quote is so true. I remember as a child watching with disdain as my mother would line up the Zip Lock bags on the counter she had washed for recycling. Now my husband (dish washer extraordinaire) has inherited the family chore of washing our Zip Locks, just like mother did. Such a shame to wash that valuable plastic! I'm sure mothering will offer hundreds of new opportunities to consciously or unconsciously live out my wise mother's advice. :)

Well, no baby news today. (Danielle tells me I have to post every day or I will get annoying phone calls from everyone asking "Is the baby here yet?"... So I will post! No, really, of course you are welcome to call if you like)

I'm feeling more tired lately, but that probably relates to spotty sleep in the mornings. I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing exciting. So we wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep now, and hold your peace for a few more days. It's days like these, and maybe next Saturday will be one too--where the even longer gestation of the elephant becomes more amazing. Can you imagine being an elephant? (You are not an elephant; repeat 20 times!)