Monday, July 27, 2009

DD Plus Five-- Is this it?

Well, today has been a much more exciting day in the labor department. My contractions are getting to be more painful and closer together (25 min apart now). So who knows... maybe Abe will wake up tomorrow to meet a new little brother! I'm thinking we may head to the hospital soon. Keep us in your prayers! Pray for Abe too... he had a miserable day with teething, coughing and sneezing. Thankfully it was a smooth finish, so let's pray he'll be feeling better tomorrow even if mommy's gone.

Amy, a colleague and close friend here, wrote this poem today (her youngest, John, who is now almost 8 months will be a great playmate for Abe and his brother). I thought you'd enjoy....

Curve of cheek

and bottom lip

chubby legs

that grip my hip.


Searching eyes

See my delight

And rest assured

That all is right.


Grabby hands

Hold fast my nose

Dirt from floor

Smudged tiny toes.


Velvet skin

Wispy hair

Rests on shoulder

Lays heart bare.


Baby wonder

Baby trust

Gently story

Of God with us.


2 comments:

4ddintx said...

I'll be praying for you especially as this may be your "labor day".

Can't wait to hear more!
Tabitha

Oma said...

Rachel & Mark (Abe & Esther) You are in our prayers. I'm sure by the time you get to read this you will be "delivered" but I'm praying for great blesings in the birth of this new little Miller. We can't wait to see pictures of him. Hope that Abe is feeling better - I'm sure the lemons helped with his symptons!!! Love,