Thursday, May 01, 2008

Abe's first Welsh lesson

My computer is on its last leg. The techies that checked it out a couple months ago said I have a problem with my motherboard, and I'm finally believing them. There's a problem with the power cord connection, and I balance a stack of computer CD's and a jar of peanut butter on the cord to tweak the position just right for it to get power. (No, don't try this at home). So, I want to make sure to share our priceless digital archives with you before my online minutes diminish. (We'll be looking for a replacement).

When Paul (volunteer branch treasurer) and Di were staying with us last month, Di happened upon a Welsh baby book in the bookstore here. (It was a God arrangement, as Di has been working on refreshing her Welsh). So Abe had his first Welsh lesson.

Speaking of Wales, I must make an editorial correction. When I introduced Paul and Di on our blog, I said they were from England. I made the impermissible error... they live in the United Kingdom, not to be confused with England. (Okay, I was half right, since Paul is originally from England, but the two live in a delightful seaside town in Wales). My apologies, Paul and Di. We miss you!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

1 comment:

jerseygirlabroad said...

Ooh, Rachel! That's big one! Bad mistake! :) I live in fear of making the same one! :)

And, speaking of Welsh, there's a language I'd love to study. Probably not very useful, but I'm fascinated by the words.